I want to share some numbers to shed a light on what and how we did it. I need to stress that we did not have full time developers, only myself as 1 day per week and Roberto on his freetime.
Note that we started the company without computers and network.
After ~70 man days spent on development and infrastructure we launched a consumer website for 100 beta users.
As part of the development we
- Setup environments (wiki, CI, version control, bugtracking, web servers and database, end-user forum, nightly backups on mirrored network drive)
- Setup scheduled hardware monitoring (memory, cpu, disk) and application monitoring (exception check)
- Setup machines (2x Debian laptops)
- 15 Sprints (2 week each, effective 2 working days per sprint per person = 2*2*15 = total 60 man days)
- Stabilized velocity around 90 story points
Over 270 automated tests (and over 160 use cases tested)
- ~7600 Non Commenting Source Statements (NCSS) (+ tons of HTML, not calculated as part of this)
- ~400 classes